Why Should I choose Dr. Barney?
Dr. Barney graduated from West Virginia University School of Dentistry in 1982. He has also completed aesthetic and neuromuscular dentistry studies at the Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies, making him a certified neuromuscular specialist. This type of dentistry focuses on the system as a whole rather than just the mouth. The head, jaw, neck, shoulders and mouth are all included in neuromuscular therapy, and it can be especially beneficial to patients suffering from temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ).
Dr. Barney’s focus remains on his practice as well as continuing education, He is always reviewing the latest technologies and trends in dentistry, evidenced by the amount of technology offered at his office.
At Dr. Barney’s clinic, you can expect to experience some of the latest dental technologies for patients. Things like laser procedures mean less pain for you, and less time in the office. Using treatments like lasers make dental visits shorter, less intimidating and more relaxing all around. The services offered at the clinic include:
- Checkups and Cleanings
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crown & Bridgework
- Dental Implants, or replacing dentures
- Dentures & Partials
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction and Smile Makeovers, including a wide range of options
- General Dentistry such as fillings, check-ups and cleanings
- Gum Recontouring
- Inlays & Onlays
- Laser Dentistry for many different procedures
- Nightguards for Bruxism
- Neuromuscular Dentistry/TMJ Therapy
- Porcelain Veneers
- Root Canals
- Senior Dentistry
- Sleep Apnea & Snoring Therapy
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
Other Great Services at Dr. Barney’s Clinic
Besides great dentistry services, we also offer our patients some great office services to make the entire experience more comfortable and easy.
- Same-day emergency care – We offer this service to all of our current patients.
- VIP Checkout Process – For regular customers, your preferred credit card can be billed automatically after each appointment, saving you time after your appointment
- Extended Payments – We work with Care Credit, CitiHealth Card and Springstone Financial in order to offer patients extended payment options for large dental procedures. This allows you to receive the treatments you require, while taking your time to pay, without interest or with low interest.
- Online patient forms – Before you come in, you can save time in the waiting room by filling out any necessary forms online, currently we offer a New Patient form for all of our new patients coming in, in order to print the form and fill out information about your medical and dental history.
Q: What is neuromuscular dentistry, and how can it help me?
A: Neuromuscular dentistry is a special form of dental practice that teaches dentists how to look at problems with the jaw and other oral care issues as a whole, working together with the shoulders, neck and head. People with jaw problems, TMDs, and other conditions involving muscles and bones around the jaw.
Q: Where do all the surgical and laser procedures take place?
A: They all are done right here in our Hedgesville office! Full of the latest tools and a great, clean atmosphere, Dr. Barney’s office contains the latest in digital x-rays, laser treatments, dental practices and patient comfort.
Schedule a consultation
If you are interested in learning more about porcelain crowns, and would like to see if you are a good candidate, call (304) 754-8803 to schedule a consultation at our office in Hedgesville, WV.