Types of Dental X-Rays and Technology
Our state-of-the-art technological highlights include:
- Digital X-ray: X-rays provide us with detailed information about teeth and supporting structures and are an invaluable diagnostic tool. By examining X-ray images, Dr. Barney can identify cavities between teeth, determine bone density, and analyze jawbone structure and health. He can also examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose cysts and tumors, and assess damage when trauma occurs. Digital radiography emits 90% less radiation than traditional X-rays, and the images can be electronically stored and transmitted to insurance companies and specialists.
- Intraoral Cameras & Chairside Monitors: Dr. Barney uses pictures taken with an intraoral camera about the size of a pen to enhance your understanding of his findings. At your exam, we’ll take pictures inside your mouth, then display them on your chairside monitor. You and the dentist get clear, magnified views of teeth and gums to aid in efficient diagnosis and form a partnership in the treatment planning process.
- Laser Dentistry: We look out for your comfort. Laser dentistry eliminates the needles, drilling, and numbness associated with traditional dental tools and techniques. Lasers provide fast, efficient treatment targeted at the source of a problem and minimize impact to surrounding tissues.
- Microscopic Dentistry: Dr. Barney uses a high-power microscope to ensure precise fit and finish of dental restorations. You just can’t fulfill that level of care with the unaided eye.
Other Advanced Tools
- Air Abrasion
- Digital Imaging
- Patient Education Videos
- Wax Ups
Comforts & Amenities
- Aromatherapy Pillows
- CD Players & Music
- Concierge Service
- Soft Blankets
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- VIP Checkout
- Warm, Moist Towels
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions, our team is here help!